Legal and Privacy
Glad you could join us at deborahwilde.com. This site features both info about Deborah Wilde’s authored novels and short stories, as well as her blog.
A few things to point out:
1) deborahwilde.com is operated by Te Da Media. (“TDM”). TDM makes deborahwilde.com available subject to the following Terms and Conditions. By entering this website you recognize and accept that any conclusions, decisions, actions, omissions, assumptions, and the like, made or taken by you from the website are your responsibility. Her books and blog posts are fanciful imaginings and opinion so don’t take them as truth.
2) WE VALUE YOUR PRIVACY. When you visit deborahwilde.com rest assured that any personal information requested by TDM remains private. Access to your personal information is restricted to those employees and agents of TDM who require access for the purpose of responding to your inquiries or requests or providing information that you have indicated is of interest.
Visits to our website are tracked by standard logging programmes, but the information we obtain does not identify visitors.
Please note that this website contains links to other sites. TDM is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those websites.
Now I will bore you with legalese:
1. By visiting deborahwilde.com, you accept, without limitation or qualification, all of the terms and conditions as stated in this agreement. This website is accessible worldwide to anyone with Internet access. Use of deborahwilde.com is subject to the terms and conditions of this agreement and all applicable laws and regulations, including laws and regulations governing copyright and trademark. TDM reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. The changes will appear on this screen, so please review this agreement from time to time so you will be apprised of them. Continued use of deborahwilde.com means you agree to the amendments.
2. You may be able to link to third parties’ websites (“Linked Sites”) from deborahwilde.com. Linked Sites are not reviewed, controlled or examined by TDM in any way and TDM is not responsible for the content, availability, advertising, products or other materials of any such Linked Sites, or any additional links contained therein.
3. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers or any third party found on or through deborahwilde.com, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser or third party (as applicable). You agree that TDM shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers or others on the website.
4. Your use of this website is at your own risk. Neither TDM nor any of its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, agents, representatives or licensors shall be liable to you or to anyone else for any loss or injury or any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, the website and the information available on deborahwilde.com or arising out of any action taken in response to or as a result of any information on deborahwilde.com whether based on contract, tort or other theory of the law and whether TDM or any of its lawful agents or employees have been advised of the possibility of such claim. You hereby waive any and all claims against TDM and its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, agents, representatives and licensors arising out of your use of the website and the information available thereon.
5. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that the maximum aggregate liability of TDM and its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, agents, representatives and licensors for any claim, action or demand arising out of or in connection with this user agreement or deborahwilde.com will be limited to Cdn$10.00 in the aggregate.
6. You agree that you will at all times indemnify TDM from and against any and all reasonable costs, expenses, losses, liabilities and damages (including, without limitation, court costs and lawyers’ fees) arising out of this agreement.
7. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof and cancels and supersedes any prior understandings and agreements between the parties hereto with respect thereto. There are no representations, warranties, covenants, terms, conditions, undertakings or collateral agreements, express, implied or statutory, between the parties other than as expressly set forth in this agreement.
8. You agree that your use of the deborahwilde.com is governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law. You agree that any claim brought against TDM will be brought exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction in British Columbia and both parties agree to attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of British Columbia. If you choose to access the website from any location other than British Columbia, Canada, you do so on your own initiative and are solely responsible for complying with any applicable local laws in your jurisdiction. If any part of this agreement is invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever under applicable law, the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Use of Affiliate Links
deborahwilde.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
There you have it. So let’s all play nice and have a lovely time together. 🙂