Playlist of an unlikeable demon hunter
Do you get into music moods? I do, especially at various stages of writing. I can’t imagine this series being written without these songs, many of which were played ad nauseam on repeat.
- “Bad Girls” by M.I.A.
- “Back to Black” by Amy Winehouse
- “How You Like Me Now?” by The Heavy
- “Madness” by Muse
- “Papaoutai” by Pentatonix
- “Love Runs Out” by OneRepublic
- “Starships” by Nikki Minaj
- The music of Postmodern Jukebox – especially Von Smith’s “Cry Me A River” cover.
Sci-fi & Fantasy you should be binge watching
Do you get obsessed about certain shows, making it your mission to pimp them out to all and sundry? Yes? Bueller? Well, here are some of the ones I like to push. And yeah, I’m well aware a couple of these are so entrenched in pop culture that they need no help from little ole’ me.
- Orphan Black created by Graeme Manson and John Fawcett
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer created by some guy called Joss Whedon
- Battlestar Galactica created by Ronald D. Moore, which is some of the best TV full stop.
- Sense8 created by the Wachowskis.
- Humans created by Samuel Vincent, Jonathan Brackley
- Jessica Jones created by Melissa Rosenberg
- Doctor Who not created by Steven Moffat but his are the years I care about. Especially the Doctor and the Ponds.
- Game of Thrones created by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss but come on, we gotta put George R.R. Martin in here.
Things That Don’t Suck:
Best dance video ev-ah! I found this at a time when everything was just “nope” (Nov 2016, I’m looking at you) and this was a “Hells yes!”
My favourite Tumblr blog, that is both cheeky and sexy.