Playlist of an unlikeable demon hunter redux:
The original playlist was only for book one. Now, with four books in the series, I figured it was time to update it. All the songs were used in the book and listened to ad nauseum. These are in no particular order.
- “Ain’t No Sunshine” – Bill Withers
- “Burn” – Hamilton soundtrack
- “Here” – Alessia Cara
- “Crazy In Love” – Beyoncé
- “Good as Hell” – Lizzo
- “There Are Worse Things I Could Do” – Grease
- “Adagio in G Minor” – Albinoni
- “Canned Heat” – Jamiroquai
- “This is What You Came For” – Calvin Harris
- “Freedom” – George Michael
- “Bootylicious” – Destiny’s Child
- “Sunny Side of the Street” – various Jazz
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” – Queen
- “Blank Space” – Taylor Swift
- “Shape of You” – Ed Sheeran
- “Sabotage” – Beastie Boys
- “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” – Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
- “Cold-Hearted Snake” – Paula Abdul
- “You Give Love a Bad Name” – Bon Jovi
Playlist of an unlikeable demon hunter
Do you get into music moods? I do, especially at various stages of writing. I can’t imagine this series being written without these songs, many of which were played ad nauseam on repeat.
- “Bad Girls” by M.I.A.
- “Back to Black” by Amy Winehouse
- “How You Like Me Now?” by The Heavy
- “Madness” by Muse
- “Papaoutai” by Pentatonix
- “Love Runs Out” by OneRepublic
- “Starships” by Nikki Minaj
- The music of Postmodern Jukebox – especially Von Smith’s “Cry Me A River” cover.
Sci-fi & Fantasy you should be binge watching
Do you get obsessed about certain shows, making it your mission to pimp them out to all and sundry? Yes? Bueller? Well, here are some of the ones I like to push. And yeah, I’m well aware a couple of these are so entrenched in pop culture that they need no help from little ole’ me.
- Orphan Black created by Graeme Manson and John Fawcett
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer created by some guy called Joss Whedon
- Battlestar Galactica created by Ronald D. Moore, which is some of the best TV full stop.
- Sense8 created by the Wachowskis.
- Humans created by Samuel Vincent, Jonathan Brackley
- Jessica Jones created by Melissa Rosenberg
- Doctor Who not created by Steven Moffat but his are the years I care about. Especially the Doctor and the Ponds.
- Game of Thrones created by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss but come on, we gotta put George R.R. Martin in here.
- The Expanse developed by Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, based on the series of novels by Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck (writing under the pseudonym James S. A. Corey).
Female Tap Dancers:
If you’ve read The Unlikeable Demon Hunter books, you know that tap dancing was Nava’s life growing up. She’s mentioned some of her favourites in the books and I thought I’d include some of mine. There are a ton of incredible male tappers, but I’m going with the ladies who rock wood. 😛
- Sarah Reich
- Michelle Dorrance
- Chloe Arnold (and The Syncopated Ladies)
- Lisa Latouche
- Dormeshia Sumbry Edwards
- Diane (Lady Di) Walker
- Eleanor Powell
- Ginger Rogers
Things That Don’t Suck:
Best dance video ev-ah! I found this at a time when everything was just “nope” (Nov 2016, I’m looking at you) and this was a “Hells yes!”
My favourite Tumblr blog, that is both cheeky and sexy.