A global wanderer, Deborah jumped from a twelve year screenwriting career to writing YA romantic comedies under the name Tellulah Darling because her first kiss sucked and she’s compensating. Both a hopeless romantic and a total cynic with a broken edit button, she branched out into adult urban fantasy as Deborah Wilde to satisfy her love of smexy romances and tales of chicks who kick ass. She is all about the happily-ever-after, with a huge dose of hilarity along the way.
There are a lot of amazing urban fantasy authors out there, so why read my books?
Well, I truly understand what it’s like to be in your shoes. You know, being a kick-ass woman fighting back dark forces and dealing with a broody supernatural and/or magic alpha male.***
(**Editor’s note: Applicable to my alternate and possibly delusional fictional reality but we all have our secret lives, right? Besides, we UF and PNR lovers, being wildly read and astoundingly creative, not only are allowed this fantasy, it’s our right.)
My stories will provide concrete answers or at least emotional commiseration to such problems as:
- Maintaining one’s indomitable sense of humor while dealing with males whose alphahole is compounded by extraordinary abilities.
- The rush and responsibility of being a badass keeping evil at bay.
- The staggering costs of replacing clothing damaged in battle and/or dry cleaning stubborn stains not found on the human spectrum.
- Balancing regular friends with the supernatural world especially when alpha boy pisses off our old college roommate by murmuring sly comments about how his powers beat her boyfriend’s “sweet ride”.
- See #1
- Never getting to go back to the same vacation spot/restaurant twice, because of bad business.
- The very large–and sometimes overwhelming–upside of said broody guy showing up in the doorway in just his jeans with that look in his eyes.
- Understanding the enormity of being the object of affection of this type of male.
I get it. So come on this journey with me.